Monday, August 06, 2012

I've got the picture now

I found my inspiration on Tanya Watanabe’s Blog. She showed a photo quilt she was making with a pattern by Karen Montgomery called “Picture This Pattern.”  Click on Tanya’s quilt to go to her blog.

 What a clever idea. I sent off for the pattern this morning. In the meantime I sketched out my ideas for arranging the fire station quilt. Putting the miscellaneous photos in film strips is such a good solution. I have not found a background fabric or figured out the border yet, so I just filled in with grey. I’ll be using my own dimensions, but credit must go to the pattern designer, Karen.
 You can click on the photo below to order the pattern from the Quilt Company.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fabulous solution!!!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Student Management System said...

Your ideas sure is clever. Its beautiful. Might as well use this idea for my own personal use if you give me permission. Can I, Please? Thanks.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

The idea is clever, but I bought the pattern from the designer. I respect copyrights. You can order the pattern by clicking on the quilt at the bottom.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You are amazing! That is a fantastic way to use those strips. I'll have to see if I can figure out more ways to use my leftover strips!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home