Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sharp Mind

You know how it goes – your rotary cutter is not cutting smoothly. You keep thinking, “I’ve got to change this blade in a minute.” Finally, it won’t even cut through two layers of fabric. Not to worry, I know I have a pack of blades in my fold-out sewing chest.

Well, I looked in the sewing chest – all four shelves and the whole bottom. No pack of blades. I looked in the cupboard where miscellaneous stuff is stored. No blades. I looked in the sewing machine drawer and in the sewing bench. I looked in the fold-out chest again. No blades. I looked under piles of fabric on my cutting table. No blades.

Robert was planning to go to the bank. I told him I had a sewing emergency and he might have to pick something up for me on his trip. He asked what I was looking for. I told him about the mysterious disappearance of the pack of rotary blades. He volunteered to look for the packet. He looked in the cupboard, he looked in the drawer, he looked in the bench, and then he lifted the top of the sewing chest. He pulled out the blade pack and handed it to me. I thanked him effusively.

He said, “That’s why people get married.”

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

Of all the things he could have said, wasn't that the sweetest?

5:19 AM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

8>)

It's good to know that you didn't marry him only for his cooking.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Sophie and Tanya. I loved your comments.
I didn't think of those necessary things when I was plighting my troth.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home