Saturday, February 03, 2007

Walking

This picture hangs above my computer in our work-way-hallroom. My mother-in-law, Madeline, took it in the 1970s. I loved it so much she had it framed and gave it to me for Christmas. I still enjoy looking at it every day.

Yesterday, I started a walking program. Robert has agreed to be my coach and try to keep me motivated. We will walk for 35 minutes every other day. That may sound wimpy to some people, but it is a major undertaking for me. I have not done any exercise for years.

I do consider my sewing time minor exercise. I sew a few inches, stand up and use the rotary cutter, then go to the ironing board, then sit back down and sew a few more inches, etc. I’ve heard of many quilters who place an ironing pad and a cutting mat within reach of their sewing machines. However, I need the exercise!

By posting this in public I am going to embarrass myself if I don’t keep walking. And, no I do not need to take off pounds.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Hi, Christine,

Love the photo...really stunning.

In a former life, I was a professional ballet dancer, but now I don't do any exercise, either. Walking is my one form of exercise, and it's really great, I think, to keep the blood flowing.

We're back in Oakland now, and I'll give you a call in a day or two to see if we might work out a time to meet at one of the quilt shops in the area.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home