Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Elephants

I just found this video on You Tube. The Elephant Sanctuary has put up several other little vignettes featuring their “girls” on You Tube. What a good idea







Years ago I saw the program, Urban Elephants, on PBS. I cried and cried. The Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee was shown in a scene about the reunion of two abused circus elephants. I was so moved and I looked up their website. I decided to contribute in a small way to their efforts to take care of old, sick, and tired elephants.

I designed a quilt pattern called Elephants Around and pledged to contribute 25-cents to the Elephant Sanctuary for every pattern sold. We’ve done pretty well over the years.








Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

Thanks for sharing this great video. I've passed it on.

12:03 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

I have just spent a lot of time watching the elephants in the videos.
There was a recent case here, where a circus elephant killed her trainer. Thank goodness they have retired her to Dubbo Plains Zoo where the animals roam free, & she has company of another elephant.
I hate to see them in captivity.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I loved to hear the girls talk to each other.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

What a sweet video. I'll buy a pattern.
Sheri

12:03 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Thank you for this, and bless you for literally putting your money where your mouth is.

It soothes my spirit to think that at least a few elephants may be happy. They seem like such intelligent creatures. They'd be interesting to know, provided one respected the fact they're much larger and like us, occasionally get into moods.

2:51 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

How wonderful!
joan

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home