Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I’m Obamamistic

I’ve always been an optimist. Yesterday’s election of Barack Obama as 44th president of the Untied States reinforces my belief that good things happen more often than bad things.
I was taught this phrase in childhood and it often lifts me up:
“Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts.”
Mary Baker Eddy

John McCain’s concession speech last night was sincere and moving. He said, "Senator. Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country." He said Obama’s victory proved that the country is “a world away from the cruel and frightful bigotry” of the past.

On another note -- Now that Sarah Palin’s fashion coordinator is out of work, perhaps she can give Michelle Obama a little advice. That peculiar black and red dress she wore last night at her husband’s Grant Park speech needs to be tossed out.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Gerrie said...

Woo hoo!

Maybe the dress was one you need to see in person. It kind of grew on me.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I ditto Gerrie, I tried to look closely at the dress, and it looked rather interesting....but from a distance, it was a bit off.

My youngest got to vote at a polling place yesterday, and she may be one of the last...WA state is going all mail-in. We live in one of the 2 counties state wide that have held out. But Stephanie was thrilled to stand in line for an hour to vote! I just wish our choices for Gov were as exciting as the Pres. choice.

10:55 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

How funny...i didnt even notice what she was wearing. guess ive been living up in the mountains too long...the fashion here is sweatpants and flannels :) hehehehe
a huge switch from my days in Los Angeles!
Here's to a glass half full!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I'm glad the election is over, and glad of the end result.

Mrs. Obama's dress - meh, not so great, but with her figure she could wear anything and still look gorgeous.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

We were impressed by McCain's speech too. The dress, it was interesting. They were all color coordinated.s

12:11 AM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I didn't notice the color coordination but did notice that interesting dress.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to note that red and black are the colours of mourning in Kenya, and it has been suggested this was part of the motivation for the choice. I thought the dress looked great from some angles and dreadful from others. But if you always play safe you end up in brown shifts. I wish I had her confidence.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home