Friday, March 02, 2007

Remembering





I was in New York City with my parents on July 28, 1945. We were in a hotel and planning on visiting the Empire State Building that morning. My mother took a long time getting ready to go. My father was impatient. We finally left the hotel and were on our way to the skyscraper when an explosion occurred. I remember women screaming and debris raining down. A military plane hit the building in the fog. For the rest of his life my father never complained about my mother taking her sweet time to get ready to go anywhere.

The photos above were taken by William L. Coffey and used with permission from his son Ron. Ron has a website with more information about the crash and links to other sources.

I was only four years old.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home