Friday, October 05, 2007

Knit Wit?

This was what inspired my craving to knit.
I found this vest on Melody Johnson’s Fibermania blog. She said she made it from the book Dazzling Knits: Building Blocks to Creative Knitting by Patricia Werner (Martingale & Company, 2004).
I liked the idea of modular knitting – putting together blocks would be sort of like quilting. I sent for the book (and the T-shirt). The book arrived and I learned that double pointed needles are required to do the work. Double pointed needles! I have lots of regular bamboo needles, but no double pointed needles. Oh dear. Perhaps I’ll just knit something in rainbow colors.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Dpn-double pointed needles can be gotten for a song on ebay. Dh scored me entire sets in both 6" and 5", as well as circulars sets in both 24" and 16". The dpns are a blas to work with, I'm using #2 for my socks. Just like knitting with toothpicks!

Melody does some seriously neat stuff!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home