Monday, February 04, 2008

Resizing Images

I found a really simple, nice program for resizing drawings. It is called Rapid Resizer.
I used it this morning to print out a large pattern (on multiple sheets) from our photo shoot. The Photo Shoot was on my blog January 22, 2008.
I drew heavy lines on the jpg photo on a separate layer in Paint Shop Pro. I copied the line layer and enlarged it to life-size and pasted it in my trial copy of Rapid Resizer.

Next, I gave the resizer the final height, 69 inches. I hit “print” and 33 sheets of paper came out of my Epson. I didn’t have a large enough area to lay out all of the sheets (humm, I could have used our bed).
I now have to trim the margins and tape the sheets of paper together. This is a great little program and I am going to buy it before my trial period is up.
Click on the panda picture to go to the site

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

This is fantastic. There are some wonderful things available if you know where to find them.
Are you making your quilt life size?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I am making the quilt big enough to cover the two life-size people and keep them warm.

12:45 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

This is great info. I have an old copy of Big Picture which I ran on my old computer. My new computer has the Vista OS. What are you running Rapid Resizer on?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

We purposely got a NEW computer with Windows XP because we did not want to deal with Vista's problems. I noticed that the "Rapid Resizer" site has instructions for dealing with installation problems on Vista. So, I guess there are some problems with it.

My son's engineering firm refuses to upgrade to Vista because they have so many engineering programs that Vista does not like.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

This is going to be a neat quilt.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

That is totally cool. I can't wait to see more.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Rian said...

That is a very a cool tool! I could definitely use one of these. Glad I stopped by.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

So glad you shared this on the yahoo group. Now I'm thinking up all kinds of things to enlarge. REALLY enjoyed your post on the photo shoot to create the image!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home