Sunday, July 04, 2010

Driving by

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

Every year, about this time, I drive by two beautiful Jacaranda trees on Sellers Avenue on my way to Brentwood. Most of the time I don’t have my camera with me when they are in magnificent bloom. They are most beautiful in mid-June. Today, I remembered to take my camera even though the trees are not at their peak. The trees are very tall and I can’t get close enough to capture their blossoms, but I found the picture at the top on Wikipedia with a creative commons license.

A few years ago I snapped a better picture. They grow in front of the old Cline Winery building.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

Aren't they simply glorious? Ours have been strange this year with lots of leaves along with the blossoms. Love, Del-at-home-w-Corky

7:54 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - those are lovely!!!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

very pretty...too bad they are soooo high up in the tree...they look as if they would smell wonderful! :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Jacaranda are often thought of as native to Australia. They are actually native to South Africa, but they flourish here in Aussie.
They are beautiful, and the violet clouds of blossom are just glorious.
I am so glad you have them also!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Beautiful photos. I love the Kate block.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home