Saturday, April 17, 2010

Quilt gallery in progress

I’ve been working on a piece called “My Dream Quilt Gallery.” I did not make the Quilt Art deadline – April 15th, due to major distractions in my life. However, I am having such fun working on this little quilt and I will keep on going.
The quilt will feature some of my favorite quilts by my internet friends. From left to right: Terry Grant’s “Patron Saint” (above), Tanya Brown’s “Imp,” Diane Hock’s “King Tut,” Gerry Congdon’s “Growing Season,” my “Delta Sunset,” Del Thomas’ “Calm in Chaos,” and Kay Sorensen’s “Colors of My Life 7.” The quilts are printed on fabric and are ready to be appliquéd on the walls. The quilters all gave me permission to reproduce their quilts in this small format.

The gallery part of the quilt is only 15 inches wide. It will have a ceiling above and a wood floor below. I am thinking about making it a circle quilt.

On March 9 I posted an image of a gallery I found on the web where you can insert your own art work. That was the inspiration for this idea.

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Gerrie said...

I love it! i can't wait to see it finished. I am honored to be part of it. Take care and be good to your self.

12:04 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - neat project.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

It is so clever, and I too, am thrilled to be in your dream gallery.

Ditto what Gerrie said--take care.

2:49 PM  
Blogger wlstarn said...

Very cool!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

It looks great, and it'll be well worth the wait.

I hate to ask this, but could you point the link under my name to tanyabrown.org instead? If you're curious as to why, I'll be glad to explain in email.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Wilma Lee said...

What a great idea!!!! Can't wait to see it finished.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

grand idea!!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohh! I wish you could have finished it....I can't wait to see what others have come up with. This is such a great idea...and I finished mine in the wee hours of the morning as I too had too many distractions. This is such a great idea, I can't wait to see what you have done with it in real fabric!

6:26 AM  
Blogger LynnDel said...

Wow - I am experiencing one of those "I wish I'd thought of that" moments!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Norma Schlager said...

When I first went to your blog, I thought, "Where is the quilt? This is a picture of a gallery." And then I read it to see that the gallery IS the quilt. What a clever idea!

4:13 PM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

wonderful! you are so creative

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This is going to be fabulous! You have "curated" some wonderful pieces for your dream gallery!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Christine - Just a note to say that I am thinking of you and hope you will be back to blogging soon.
Love, Del-at-home

2:35 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

What a lovely idea! I am so happy to see quilts of 'people I know' if only through the magic of the internet.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]ktWfQvz[/url] , OuXDeHJAUlMar - http://iluubcb.com

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home