Thursday, September 02, 2010

Let's meet for dinner

Many of us have met people we like and said, “We should get together sometime.” But we rarely follow up on our good impulse. My brother-in-law Butch really means it when he says he’d like to meet again. He met Father Aris at my church, St. Alban's, a few times (both happy and sad) and really liked him.

Last month I received an e-mail from my sister-in-law with the subject line, “Dinner with Father Aris.” She set out possible dates and times for a get together. The e-mail went to my son Davis and my daughter-in-law, too. E-mails went back and forth until four possible dates were picked. Then, Aris and his wife, Roselle, were asked to pick the best day for them.

Butch and Virginia live up in the Sierra foothills and Davis and Toni live in Santa Clara County so dinner couldn’t be a casual, “let’s meet tonight” call because they had long drives to meet in the middle where I live.

Last night we all met at Vic Stewart’s in Brentwood.

The place is a steakhouse.


We all indulged ourselves and had a marvelous time. Davis brought some of his special wine (he is a collector) and paid corkage so it could be served in the restaurant. I had prime rib and took some home for a sandwich today.

I am singing the praises of my brother-in-law because he was the instigator, but in reality it wouldn’t have happened without Virginia’s coordination by e-mail. Butch doesn’t check his e-mail for days and days.
It is Virginia’s birthday today – Happy Birthday and thank you.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gerrie said...

This makes me so happy!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a great plan - we should all learn from this and make these things happen.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

This looks pleasant. I'm glad you got an evening out.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home