Thursday, May 23, 2013

Filling the box

I'm halfway with my chocolate box quilt top. I had to run to the store and buy a Hershey bar because I got so hungry while working on it.
I started at the top left corner and pinned the patches on my design board. Halfway done now. We have dark chocolate, milk chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, a gold foil-wrapped surprise, chocolate-marshmallow, butterscotch, and I am just adding a honeycomb (or seafoam) piece now at the bottom left.
My mother used to make honeycomb candy and I believe See's Candies still sells it. I looked up recipes for seafoam candy on the web and here is a good site with step-by-step instructions and a video -- http://www.howtocookthat.net/public_html/honeycomb/

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

It's looking great ... and definitely makes me want chocolate!

4:02 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

It looks so good I want a nice piece of chocolate right now. And the honeycomb recipe - I didn't know there were recipes for it - though I should know by now that there is always a recipe someplace. Thanks for sharing.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

brown fabric never looked so good!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Yum! It is going to be a beautiful quilt! I may go looking in my brown box!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home