Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wild Blackberry Jam

RECIPE
Find some wild blackberries in your back yard.
Pick them. Rinse off the wildlife.
Find pears in your refrigerator.
Peel, core, and chop pears. Oh, this is Wild Blackberry and pear jam.
Put chopped pears in a good-sized pot. Pour berries on pears.
Pour sugar on berries and pears. Stir and turn the heat on low.
Watch the pot while it cooks.
When jam has solidified to the correct point, pour it in two bowls.
Toast some homemade bread. Spread with warm jam. Enjoy to the last bite.
For a little more detail about making blackberry/pear jam, go to Robert Cooks and find a few more of his recipes.
Thank you Robert. Thanks for the morning walk too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

I love Robert's recipe blog, my dh does 90% of our daily cooking. I can cook but he's the househusband and I'd be LOST without him!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blackberry and pear sounds like a marvelous combination! I noticed that you didn't include Robert's hint about the plate used for testing the set of the jam (which hint made me laugh out loud):

Note: Testing plate needs to be kept clean. After each test lick plate.

I've never tried his approach to keeping the plate clean, but next time I will.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home