Saturday, October 27, 2007

Seasons Greetings

If you have time to whip together 432 hexagons you can make this skull quilt. I’ve been meaning to do this for a couple of years. It appeals to me more than a conventional English paper pieced Grandmother’s Flower Garden.

Or, if you don’t have time to do a skull, you can whip up a few candy corn blocks by clicking on the candy corn drawing for a foundation paper piecing pattern.
P.S.
Instead of making 432 hexagons for the skull quilt, you could make 158 white hexagons and 34 black hexagons. (My DH did the count, so it could be + or – a few.) Assemble these in the skull configuration and then appliqué that whole piece on an appropriate background.
If anyone does this, let me know and send me a photo. I will give you the pattern of your choice from my patterns page.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Bwahahahahaha!

I think that even if I read your blog for a thousand years, you'd still come up with surprises.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Both of these patterns look great. The candy corn looks especially inviting.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home