Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Catching up

Saturday night we attended the 2007 Tournament of Champions in Fairfield, California to watch the Field Show bands. Lots of color, lights, music and movement.

I could not get a good clear picture, but this one stands for my impression of the event. That’s the Leigh High School band from San Jose in action. My grandson Spencer and my daughter-in-law’s son Scott were the trombonists. A great performance! The judges agreed and gave them first place. Eighteen bands were in the competition.
Spencer (on the far left) and Scott (on the far right)
The boys were really pleased after their appearance.

Back to work at home on Monday – packing up and shipping out quilt pattern orders.

Tomorrow, I’m planning to get going on my Pay It Forward gifts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kieny The Dutchlady said...

A belated happy birthday!
I've found your patterns in my mailbox, thanks.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Kieny,

Thanks for your birthday wishes.
It took a long time for the patterns to arrive in Taiwan, but I am glad they finally got there.

I read all the old posts on your blog. You lead a very interesting life. Your quilting is coming along beautifully.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home