Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Toss a Pebble in the Pond – Pay it Forward

Sophie posted an invitation on her blog, Sophie Junction, to join the “Pay it Forward Challenge.” It is much like tossing a single pebble in a pond and watching the ripples spread out.

I will send a handmade cloth gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet -- though my intention is to make something for you that you will know to be useful or believe to be beautiful–and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Sophie noted a favorite quote by William Morris:

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

I’m sort of a practical person, so your gift from me will most likely be useful, not necessarily beautiful. Tell me what colors look good in your kitchen when you post your comment to join this PIF challenge.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to apply for the PIF

Jackie Fleming

9:01 AM  
Blogger kimmi78 said...

I would also like to do PIF. As soon as I here from you I will post it on my blog.

12:32 PM  
Blogger froghair said...

me! me! I am actually already in a slightly different version of the PIF, but I've loved coming up with the ideas for other folks, and I want to do it again!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Oh, good. Now I'm happy! I have three gifts to make.

Be sure you have given me your snail mail address, your real name, and the color you would like to see in your kitchen.

1:43 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

see, you just need to allow people some time :)
and im sure the little gifties you make will be wonderful!
have a wonderful day!
lisajo

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home