Saturday, February 09, 2008

Long, long ago . . .

I used my sewing machine. This picture shows how long ago it was.

I’m waiting for the roofer to come next week. After the roof is on and all leaks are sealed the new floor can go into the unfinished room. After the floor, the walls can be painted, furniture moved, new storage cabinets and shelves installed, and THEN I can sew again!

My mother’s old Singer 101 is in the storage room and if I can move enough paint cans and boxes away I think I’ll try some free motion quilting. I just bought a new darning foot for the 101.
All I need now is a darling little girl at my side. The tin box is filled with some old sewing stuff.


Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

You WILL sew again. Hang in there. (That tin is ADORABLE.)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

hehehehe it HAS been awhile hasn't it?? We are so fickle...we just take advantage of our machine, knowing it will always be there, and then one day, flash, it's gone and we sewers fall apart. [not sewers, SEW-ers]

?^)

4:43 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Itchy fingers, eh?

Hope today you can get a few mintues in on the 101.

6:40 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

Nothing more frustrating than to have your creative juices flowing and no means to release them! doh!
Thats usually when i go shopping! :)
Hope you can start sewing again soon!
cheers~
lisajo

7:47 AM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

Aww! Come on up and stay with me. I have lots of room and some extra sewing machines. Of course, you will have to endure Portland weather!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

How frustrating to have the urge, & not be able to sew!
Is that old machine a treadle?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Gerrie,
Oh, how nice of you. I think I'll stay down here where the weather is lovely right now. I have to "supervise" the roof work and the re-flooring and painting of my triangle room. Thanks.

Meggie,
The old machine is an electric one that runs as smooth as silk. (Unless you mean the one in the top picture.)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Vivien Zepf said...

Oh, this made me laugh out loud! It's great!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

Those Singers really are beautiful machines. I wish I had a car that was as reliable as the old Featherweight.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home