Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine

Wow, this is nice and bright!
Dave of D.A.D.S. Professional Painting (Oakley, CA) painted the triangle room yesterday. The paint color I picked out was an exact match to a real lemon I brought along to the paint store. Dave looked at the sample before I had it mixed. He said the color would be too glaring. He found a much lighter swatch and told me to get that instead of my original choice. I followed his advice but had my doubts as he applied it. It looked like that pale “kitchen yellow” color as it went on.
But, he was right. He said it would dry darker, and it did. It is exactly the color I wanted.
I can’t wait to see it with the blue floor. I hope the Flexi-Tiles arrive very soon so we can put the floor down. In the meantime we are squeezing by furniture that’s stacked in the hallway and in our bedroom for the duration.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I think this color combination is going to be cheerful and is really going to "pop". Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

2:26 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

Ooh, this is so exciting! I love your tiles and I can't wait to see it all together. Green-eyed envy...
joan

8:53 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Hurrah for your new space! I have always had at least one yellow room in all the previous houses I have lived in, but not this one. Maybe when I redecorate I'll have a yellow and blue bedroom! I am eager to hear how the floor works. At Road to CA I stopped to visit several vendors that I know personally; two of them had those tiles in their booth and I wanted to stand there for the rest of the day. MUCH easier on the feet and legs than the cement of the Convention Center floors.

12:26 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

Paint colours - so deceptive on those little colour chips! The blue and yellow is a great combination -- have you seen Monet's dining room?

11:57 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

Love the yellow...it looks bright and cheery! i painted jordyns room a similar yellow, and her room looks great!
cheers~
lisajo
p.s. happy national quilting day!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:32 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Looking good with paint! It is exciting to be getting it all together.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Dave is right, I have always told everyone the same thing, get a lighter version of what you want. Do they listen? Not very often. Do I end up correct? Every time!!!!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home