Friday, April 04, 2008

My Views


When I look to the left from my desk in my new office I can see our little balcony and the meadow across the lane. And, when I look out the other window I have a view of Mt. Diablo (an important Contra Costa County landmark). Who could ask for anything more?

I’ve moved in and am ready for business. The funny thing is that after all this work the office/design area looks like an ordinary office. I’ll need to hang some art on the walls and find a lovely plant to perk it up.
Vicky asked about the bookshelves.
They are really neat wall-hung shelves. We’ve had them since we owned a bookstore in 1987 (Island Book Galley).
Same “helmet” hairdo 21 years ago, but nowadays it is white.

The shelves are hung on wood wall supports in an ingenious way. The components are very sturdy and can be arranged many different ways.
A fellow in Pittsburg, CA invented the shelves but he is no longer in business. We sold most of the shelves when we closed the bookstore, but we kept several units. Now, at long last, they are being enjoyed again. We will soon fill them up.

First day here and not one order or inquiry, but it’s a nice place to compose a blog post.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

I love that you have a view of Mt. Diablo. Congrats on finishing your room and getting settled in.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Mt Diablo! Boy I haven't been there in decades. Talk about a flashback...wow.

Shelves...I love those! I like the adjustable kind, but they usually look kind of funky, but not yours! I must study the pix. The wood looks wonderful on the yellow, and I can imagine colorful doodads as book ends.

10:32 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

The shelves look lovely. I love wood! How nice to be able to begin a 'fresh chapter'.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Lovely! Your scenery and new office space are wonderful.

So you owned a bookstore back in the day, eh? I'll bet you have some stories to tell about that.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home