Saturday, April 05, 2008

Quilters' Art

Soon, very soon these delightful little quilts will adorn the walls in the new office/design space.

This little postcard is by Del Thomas. It is called Scarlet Sash (2007). It reminds me of Proverbs 31 which honors a woman who works with fibers.
Deborah Lacativa’s Back Street Rental (2005) amused me when I saw it online. Now I can get a kick out of it every day.
This elephant was made for me by my daughter-in-law Toni. It is supposed to be a potholder, but I’d rather keep it clean and enjoy it on my wall. (I think it was from a pattern by Margaret Rolfe.)
This is a good start on my “Quilt Collection” don’t you think? Tomorrow I’ll buy some hanging devices.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

Very nice quilts for your walls. I love that elephant!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Very nice! Love the elephant and the Orange colors in all three.
Sheri

4:57 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Why not hang them on a 'slothes line'...well, maybe a C-lothes line would work better. {Where do these typos come from?} Or a curtain rod that has clips on it, so you can change the art, or add more til the line is full.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

I love Del's little postcard. I have a pretty great collection started, but I will never catch up with Del!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Christine, I can't recall what kind of walls you have in your new studio space. If they are plastered sheetrock you might want to hang your quilts like my friend Janet taught some us to do. She uses her old sewing machine needles! You just carefully pound them right through the quilt into the sheetrock. The needle holes are so tiny you will have a hard time seeing them in the sheet rock should you decide to move the quilts around. I now hang all my quilts my sewing area with machine needles. The short shank is just barely visible on the quilt once it is hung this way. The walls in the rest of our home are some type of painted wood, so the needle hanging method does not work! Janet has hung large and small quilt all over her home with needles! I love all your quilts, especially the elephant!

6:40 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

If you were worried about your office looking to "officey" then these will take care of that! They are very colorful and cheery! Besides, once you fill the office with all of your goodies, it will look wonderful! The colors are too pretty for an "office" :)
cheers~
lisajo

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home