Monday, December 01, 2008

Bed runner

Or is it a bed scarf (similar to a dresser scarf)? Or is it a toe cozy?
We stayed at a Marriott last week. There was a quilted strip stretched across the bed. It looked interesting to me, but I couldn’t figure out what it was for. Perhaps just decoration.

When I stretched out to take a short nap my toes felt a bit chilly. I asked Robert to drape the bed runner over my feet.

It warmed me up and I had a nice nap.

Now, I am thinking that a quilted strip like this might make a nice gift for someone. It would be easy to put together quickly. The runner or scarf could be pieced, or just a whole-cloth quilted piece of beautiful fabric. Check out your friend’s bedroom décor and whip one up before Christmas.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger froghair said...

I've seen these at a handful of hotels now too. I like them, even if they're not terribly practical (naptime footwarming notwithstanding). That plain white expanse of bedding would look pretty boring without it.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Those are both great names - I think I prefer "Toe Cozy". I just use a small crib size quilt to warm my toesies, but how much more elegant to have a "Toe Cozy" tossed across one's bed. I think I will make one for myself!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger jpsam said...

What an excellent idea! So much more do-able than even a full quilt--if only for its decorative potential. I like a big fluffy duvet in the winter. Cover that with a pristine white cover and you are set. To answer all of the "what's it for" questions, we need to standardize what we are going to call it. I vote for toe cozy!
joan

1:08 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

It would work to cover the pillows too if it were a bit wider.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Hmmm, I always thought those things were there so people's shoes wouldn't leave shoe polish on the nice white duvet...but what do I know?!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Dianne,
You may be right. Sort of an antimacassar for a bed.

I do like toe cozy, though.

7:47 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

I see them a lot over here, used in displays of bedlinen. I too thought they may be for keeping your shoes, or slippers off the cover, but the idea of a Toe Cosy is much nicer!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Miri said...

DH always has cold toes so we keep a small quilt on the foot of the bed but maybe I'll make a toe cozy too...I have a vintage quilted/ applique piece that I always thought was a dresser scarf but maybe not!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home