Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Design wall needed

Somehow in our great flurry of re-doing the workway-hallroom/office/sewing room I didn’t include a design wall. Quilters use design walls to arrange their quilt blocks and pieces so they can see how they all fit together. The walls are usually white or gray and are made with flannel or batting stretched over a rigid, yet soft surface. Fabric blocks will stick on the furry surface, or can be pinned to a design wall as the quilt progresses.
I need a design wall because Robert, for some unfathomable reason, is not willing to stand around for hours holding up fabric for me to study.

He did hold up the two strips of hearts I’ve been working on, but had to leave on an important errand before I’d finished my contemplating.

I think I’ve figured out how to join the heart strips without “Y-seams” so I’ll try it out today. If it works, I’ll only have 16 more strips to make for the complete heart quilt top.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Nice design wall! :-)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - DH's come in handy sometimes don't they! Maybe you could make a portable wall. I have heard some people get fold up pieces of stuff from hardware stores and cover them with flannel and fold to store when not in use. I'm thinking of doing something like that and might start to look soon to see what is available.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

4:52 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

christine..thanks for the chuckles. I had a good laugh.. what a devoted DH..lucky he stood for that long...LOL
you may have to use the ceiling and lay on the floor to view your creations..LOL

2:26 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

oh Christine, the things we quilters make our family members suffer through!

I could not think of any other way to fix that seam either, so I am glad you worked it out!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Karen Newman Fridy said...

He's going to need more arms!

Hmmm...I wonder if I could get mine to do that?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home