Sunday, February 08, 2009

Harder than I thought

Here is a sketch of my heart quilt (circa 2001).

Copyright Christine Thresh

I’ve been working on sample hearts for several days now. I make one or two, then go back and redesign the block foundations and try again. So far, I’ve figured out how to eliminate the set-in seams for constructing vertical rows. But I’ll be darned if I can see a way around hundreds of “Y” seams for putting the rows together side by side.

I’ll work a few more days. I hope to have a solution by Valentine’s Day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Impressive task - impressive quilt.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Anne Wigfull said...

Incredible task! I noticed tiny blue triangles in the diagram/sketch and assumed they were put there deliberately , like the triangles added to corners of squares when making snowball quilts - would doing that eliminate Y-seams?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I like the little hearts but how many are you going to have to make! For me that wouldn't get done until a few Valentines's Days to come!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I would have to make 324 hearts to duplicate the sketch quilt. I've made 21 hearts so far. They are very easy to make and put together in vertical strips now that I've figured it out.
I might just make a throw quilt for the sofa.

2:39 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

My mind is boggled!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home