Thursday, May 21, 2009

First strawberry

The first strawberry appeared yesterday. Robert planted our little garden April 21.
We must pick the berry before the birds spot it. It looks a little small to split two ways, so I think Robert should eat the whole thing.

Unnecessary worry

I’ve been feeling gloomy because I thought my blood pressure was going sky high (190/80). I have been worried for almost a month. I took up my walking program again 20 days ago, but my home monitor kept reporting alarming numbers. Yesterday, I went to see my doctor. The blood pressure reading at the office was normal. That surprised me. I had him do it again. Hummmmmm.
My home measuring device must be on the blink. I’ve had it for 8 years and I guess it just doesn’t work very well anymore. Whew.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

That bp thing is good news. I've recently begun a lifestyle change due to blood work and a diverticulitis diagnosis. No red meat, low fat and exercise. Sounds a bit like WW, doesn't it? Did Robert enjoy the strawberry?

12:15 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

Look at you, as my own doctor said to me at my last visit, "Blood pressure like a teenager"

;-)

6:40 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Glad that the machine was faulty and not you. Lovely strawberry.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Oh, for heaven's sakes! Yes, that certainly would make one a bit gloomy. I'm glad it was the measuring device.

10:45 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

What a shame my problem is not a faulty machine!
Glad you are fit after all, & I guess the walking would not harm you.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home