Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday – Harvest 1992

I’m dreaming of a garden harvest for this year. Back in 1992 we built a “ziggurat-style” planter. We followed the directions in a Sunset garden book. It was simple – three wooden boxes stacked up with a trellis sticking out of the top. The old photo on the right (below) shows our construction. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.
We harvested lots of vegetables from this small planter in 1992. The old photo below is just one day’s haul, plus a pie made from blackberries picked from another spot in our yard.
We had better head for the lumber yard soon and get started on a new ziggurat for this year.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it - thanks for including the pictures. I just might get my husband to make me one or two of these. I don't do a lot of gardening but something small like that I could handle.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

1:33 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

That is neat. Sometimes elaborating on a simple theme yields very elegant results.

Ah, if only I could get in my garage to my table saw! My better half has had a non-functioning car parked in there for the better part of the year. Although a garage is theoretically the correct place to put a car, in reality it has been quite annoying.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

A perfect size garden!

11:03 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

A clever idea for a neat garden centre!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it. Will get sweetie to make me one of these for the cottage area.
It's perfect size to start and hopefully, beans and tomatoes with herbs and lettuces would just do it. Thanks for posting this.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

what a great idea and very eye catching..anyone got a handyman to build this great garden paradise??

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home