Saturday, June 13, 2009

Minding my business

Last year, I finally got a neat, efficient office. For years and years I worked in a crowded, messy space.
I put a video tour of my new office and sewing room on YouTube when it was finished.
I’ve loved being in my new space.
Today I took pictures of how I mind my business. I sell quilting patterns and my orders arrive from PayPal.
When the orders come in I check my warehouse (ware box under the dropleaf table). If I’m lucky I find all the patterns I need for the orders.


I enter the information for the invoices in my MYOB (Mind Your Own Business) program.
I print out the invoices.

Then, I scoot my roll-around chair back and pull out envelopes and labels from the convenient cupboard on the other side of the room.

I pack the orders and hand them to my delivery guy (Robert). He takes them to the post office.
What fun it has been for this past year.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jpsam said...

I covet that floor of yours! Great set-up!
joan

3:48 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Nothing like an organized space and an efficient system to make work pleasant. Good on you! Do you have a new pattern in the works?

7:13 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Great space! Makes everything so pleasant when there is a place for everything.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home