Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Kindle Karrier

I made a carrier for my Kindle.

Kindle Karrier Copyright © Christine Thresh 2010

There are a lot of Kindle clutches, Kindle cases, Kindle sleeves, and Kindle covers on the market.


I thought about buying one or making one from ideas I saw on the web. But none of them appeared to have a place to carry the power cord for recharging. It seemed that it would be a big bother to carry the Kindle in a case and then carry the cord and adapter in a separate case.

My Kindle Karrier holds both the Kindle and the cord and adapter. Slip the cord in the pocket at the bottom, then slip in the Kindle and fold the top triangle down.


I made some sketches.

And I drew a pattern.


The Karrier starts with two base triangles. You can print one out by clicking on the small graphic below.
Add strips around both center triangles (just like making log cabin blocks). Keep measuring by placing your Kindle and the cords on them to make sure they will fit inside. After you are sure the triangles are large enough, sandwich them both with batting and backing fabric and quilt them as little mini quilts. Cut the top off one triangle at about 10 inches up from the bottom. This will be the pocket. Put a narrow single-fold binding across the top of the pocket piece.

Place the pocket piece on the tall triangle with their wrong sides facing. Round off the bottom corners of both pieces. Round off the long triangle point. Make some double fold bias binding and sew it around the edge.

Pack up your Kindle and go on your way.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

That's so beautiful AND functional. What a great design. Everyone who sees you walking around with this carrier is going to want one.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

This is just lovely Christine! Should I ever have a Kindle, I will make a cover from your pattern.

12:34 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

totally cute...and way nicer than the ones you can purchase! by the way, how are you enjoying your kindle? :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

What a great idea! I love the colors!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Nifty!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

You smart smart woman! I was reading this when my CollegeGirl happened to call, so I told her about it. She thinks is a smart idea too. The bag she has for her laptop is great, if she doesn't want to carry anything else for it!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I love it! I'm going to make one.

7:07 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Again, clever and cute too.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Very nice idea. Like I need another project... But my Kindle might like a snazzy Karrier.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home