Friday, February 26, 2010

Orange blossom

Yesterday, I showed how I use painter’s tape and freezer paper to make simple circle quilt motif template. Today, the shape is a little more complex. I needed a center motif for my orange potholder and thought an orange blossom would be appropriate.

I used a light table to sketch around a blossom motif on the paper side of freezer paper. You can hold it up to a window if you don’t have a light table. You can, of course, draw any shape you want on the paper side.

Next, put overlapping strips of painter’s tape on the waxy side of the freezer paper.

Cut out your motif shape.

It is a bit tricky to peel the shape off as one piece. I used a straight pin to loosen the tape in a few spots. Place your blue motif shape on your quilt sandwich and smooth it down firmly. It was easy to hand-quilt around the small motif. Machine quilting might be harder.

Here is the orange blossom motif. Click on the small graphic below so you can print out your own copy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohh wonderful. I like the quilting on orange.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Great tutorial!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Jonna said...

Christine: Not only do I learn something great every time I visit your blog, but the eye candy is wonderful too! Thanks for all the great photos, patterns, tutorials, etc. -- not to mention your stories. Keep it up! Thanks - jdo

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Genious!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home