Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sittin' on the back porch

I seem to take this same picture year after year. Today, I looked up at the willow tree putting forth its new buds and leaves and thought “I must take a picture of that.”

When I was sizing the photo in Paint Shop Pro I ran across five other pictures of the same willow tree welcoming spring. Perhaps that’s what spring is all about; everything looks new again.

Here are a couple of other pictures from past years.


It was a beautiful day today.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

Wherever I have lived, there's always one kind of tree or plant that seemed to herald the arrival of Spring to me, weather crocuses pushing up through the snow in Michigan or bright yellow mimosa blooms in the south of France. I love your photos–the bright green shoots against a beautiful blue sky seem to epitomize a beautiful Spring day.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

What a fantastic journey of the tree.

10:46 AM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

im jealous...it will be a while before we see anything green :( glad you enjoyed your day :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home