Sunday, October 20, 2013

Around and around and around

This is fun. I am knitting on a circular needle around my checked beret fabric. After I darned in the outside yarns (picks and warps) of the circular woven piece I picked up the loops around the edge and knitted two rows. (See my last post for a starting picture.) I then did two decreasing rows and went back to plain knitting.

As a quilter I've been using store-bought fabric for years and years. Now I'm weaving my own fabric. I love the way the red and white check came out.

I'm doing the final ribbed band right now. I hope I get it off the needle and block it tonight. Blocking wet wool takes a least a day for drying. Tune in again soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh I can't wait to see you modeling it for us - it is so charming.

5:21 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh I can't wait to see you modeling it for us - it is so charming.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home