Monday, June 03, 2013

My laundry today

Here is my laundry hanging to dry.
I just washed a bunch of 4-inch paper pieced blocks I made way back in July of 2009. They needed a good wash because the other day my cat, Feather, got locked in my sewing room all day. When I finally discovered him late at night he had been confined for at least 12 hours. He was very happy to get out and I thought all was well. NOT. My sewing room smelled very peculiar (that's putting it nicely). Today I searched and sniffed every pile of fabric in there. I found one small collection of blocks that the poor cat had decided to use as his temporary sandbox. Whew!

After this wash, I hope they will be as good as new. If you want to see some of the blocks, go to the July, 2009 archive here. I did a block-a-day series that year. There are free paper piecing foundations to print out, too.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I have had that happen to me too. And I didn't even lock the cat in the room!!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

The paper wasn't still attached?? I remember these blocks!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Del said...

What a lovely surprise to find you are blogging again! I imagine I am not the only cyberspace friend who has missed you. Looking forward to your completed "Chocolate Box 1". And subsequent versions!

1:38 AM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

I, too have had cats mark my quilt blocks or fabrics. I've always been able to wash the odor away except once. I used a spray on Fabreze for that one.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home