Monday, March 12, 2007

Learning How To....


I’ve been trying to photograph a complete fabric circle against a white background. It just doesn’t work. The white background blinds my camera and fades out the colors of the circle.
Yesterday, I photographed the circle against a dark blue towel. The circle colors stayed pretty true. The hard part was dropping out the blue background. I have Paint Shop Pro and I still have lots to learn even though I’ve been using it for many years. The edges of the circle got a little jagged. I don’t want to go to a professional for this shot, but it may be my solution.







A walking milestone –
Today I walked 35 minutes without stopping! When I started on February 2 I could only walk for five minutes in one stretch and then pause to rest.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Beautiful circle, Christine, and you used the RICE fabric, too! Hooray!

And good going on the walking front. We're doing well with that, too. DH and I are walking almost every morning now.

And yes, if we get alpacas, I'll definitely save you some fleece!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I like this circle a great deal. It may be my favorite of the group.

Does Paint Shop have sets of polygons you can use as masks? If so, one option might be to mask out the outside and inside of the ring using circles, then delete them. That should take care of the "jaggies". (Of course, you'd be left with a geometrically perfect ring, which might not be to your liking.

Another option, if it lets you adjust the dynamic range of your picture using a histogram (equivalent to Photoshop's Levels) is to shoot on a white backdrop and do that.

Feel free to send one of your shots to me, if you'd like. With photos of the quality that you've taken, these are very quick experiments to do - maybe on the order of five minutes.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Oh, Tanya, how nice of you. I may take you up on your offer. I have to do a really good photo for the pattern cover.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home