Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Mileage DID Vary

I know you are probably bored by all this walking stuff, but who else can I tell?

I started a walking program on February 2, 2007. My coach sees that I walk every other day for 35 minutes. It has improved my life, but I don’t enjoy doing it. We (coach and I) had gradually worked our way up to what we thought was three-quarters of a mile (9 laps up and down the lane).

A blog friend offered to gift me her old pedometer. She sent it, we set it up, clipped it on and began walking. Well, to my amazement I’ve been walking one mile, not three-quarters of a mile.

I promise quilting content soon. Meanwhile, many thanks to the blogger (who is listed in the sidebar and has “Art” in her blog name). I am working on my Journal quilt for Houston and it must be kept secret.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Congratulations on your efforts! Those miles really start adding up when you walk frequently. Maybe you need a (cough cough) reward system ... a treat of some ilk after every x miles.

4:02 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

I applaud your effort. I hope I can begin when it gets a bit cooler here!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home