Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fleeting beauty

I spotted this tree on Sellers Avenue Monday afternoon.
It was magnificent. I decided to bring my camera on my next jaunt to the doctor’s on Friday, June 20th.

What a difference! The tree was not full of blossoms anymore. I believe it is a Jacaranda. It is planted in front of the old Cline Winery building.

I’ll have to remember to bring my camera with me next year for the whole month of June.

Del posted some lovely pictures of Jacaranda trees on her blog in May. That’s probably the season for them in Southern California. But, lucky Del has a year-round Jacaranda quilt by Ruth McDowell. See it HERE.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

It does look like a Jacaranda tree. I love them, & I love that beautiful quilt! What a wonderful work of art.
So glad your friend's house is ok.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I'd wondered what those purple blossomed trees were called. Thank you for putting a name to a face ... er, tree.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home