Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poverty -- Blog Action Day

I don’t like to think about poverty. I’d rather go along with my comfortable life and ignore the fact that people are hungry, have no shelter, and are suffering from preventable diseases.

I can’t imagine not having shelter. What would it be like to be homeless? I’ve never been hungry.

Terry Grant has a wonderful suggestion on her blog. She contributes to Heifer International. She has given people chickens. I am going to do that right now. I am going to give someone a sheep.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Last summer, my teenaged daughter and the rest of her Girl Scout troop went to the Heifer Int'l Overlook Farm in Massachusetts. They lived in rustic dwellings (huts doesn't even apply) and cared for the kinds of animals that Heifer provides to communities. They ate little, worked hard, and came away with a wonderful empathy for people far, FAR less fortunate than they are.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Dorothy,
What a wonderful thing your daughter did. Good for her.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home