Monday, October 13, 2008

Who ARE these people?

That was my question at my 50th high school reunion last Friday. Some of them looked vaguely familiar. There were about 200 very nice looking older folks milling around. I ran into a couple of old boy friends (really friends, not “boyfriends”). One fellow and I reminisced about how we went places together when we couldn’t find other dates. He said, “There wasn’t any chemistry between us.” I agreed.

I’ve know some of these people since the 2nd grade.

Gradually, more familiar faces emerged.
My good friend and cousin Judy (I married her cousin Robert) with Kelo and Ken.

The day before the reunion dinner we attended a ladies luncheon at Barbara Jensen’s beautiful house in Lafayette. Almost 40 women were there and that gave us a chance to get reacquainted. I had some very good conversations with Becky (now Rebecca), Joan, Elizabeth, Ann, and Mary. Judy (now Judith) Henderson brought her mother, Jean. Mrs. Henderson was my dramatic coach in many local productions. She is still spry at 96. My classmates have all led such interesting lives.
Remember my quilt fabric idea? It turned into a beautiful skirt, just as I had hoped.


Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fabulous time you must have had. And you and your skirt are divine!!!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know those old people; they were at my reunion a few years ago. Your skirt is gorgeous, as are you!!!

Jackie

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Woo-Hoo, you looked stunning! Great skirt!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

You look lovely. Love the skirt!
Sheri

4:10 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Wow, you all look tres glamoreuse, Christine, especially YOU! The skirt is to die for...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

You and your skirt are beautiful. The skirt turned out very dramatic, just right for that piece of fabric. You have such a good eye.

I was wondering how your reunion would be. Everyone the same in fundamental ways, yet hauntingly different. Are there any stories which you can share with us?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Those old people will be at my reunion next summer. Shall I say 'hi' for you? *smile* The skirt is beautiful and gives me an idea for something for my reunion. But I need to wait for an agenda/invite to arrive. I may just be an outdoor affair more suited to jeans or shorts.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Del said...

WOWHEE! What a glamour girl! I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion - I find the guys are the ones who change. I swear some of my female classmates have the same hairdo and wear the same type clothes as they did in 1956.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Very beautiful! You and the skirt.

7:24 PM  
Blogger black bear cabin said...

what fun to get together with all your old high school chums...50 years...thats terrific! i enjoyed my 10 year, but missed my 20 year (jordyn was only a few weeks old, so i opted to stay home)...so ill have to aim for the next one.

By the way, i LOVE the skirt you made....its GORGEOUS!!!! and you look beautiful :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

Wow! The skirt is fabulous. It reminds me of a Jane Avril poster by Toulouse Latrec.

5:27 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

You look lovely, & the skirt is beautiful, perfect for you!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home