Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Out the window

I give up. I’m throwing these out the window.

Putting these hearts together was just too hard. If I can’t do it easily, then I can’t create a pattern that would sell. The idea was good. Now, I’m back to the drawing board (QuiltPro) to come up with something that will work.

Copyright Christine Thresh 2009


An old friend sent me these flowers today (by e-mail). Aren’t they pretty?

The caption read,
“There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,
There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future..
Give these flowers to everyone you don't want to lose in 2009,
Including me, if you so choose.”

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

I love the photo, but don't throw them them COMPLETELY out the window please. It's a cool concept and I just know if you put them aside for a while, you'll *see* the necessary twist on the idea that will make it work.

It's funny I have a box-o-heart blocks, very similar that are some of the first blocks I ever made. I mis-placed them in a move, thought I lost them forever and found them again (in another move) and your string of hearts made me think of pulling them out again and *doing something* with them. So, if nothing else, you have inspired me–thanks for that ;-)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

It sure looks like that pattern in the screen-shot will work!

11:47 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good bye hearts - hope your next try gives you what you want.

1:33 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

But but... you can't just discard them after all that hard work? surely a tablerunner, or something, just to use them.
I hope you get some rain soon. That sounds awful, but I know you need it for the gardens etc.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I will use them for something -- probably a table runner. It was a symbolic gesture.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You are so funny! I love your picture! Well you've got the Valentines made for next year...

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home