Monday, August 24, 2009

Julia Child in our kitchen

Julia Child’s book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, has been in our kitchen* for a long time. Our friend Nanci Burton gave us (lent us?) the book in 1969. Julia has communed with Robert more than with me. He is the one that is always looking up recipes and techniques in her book.

We saw the movie Julie & Julia this weekend. I loved it, every minute of it. I want to see it again and find all the details that flashed by on the screen too fast to comprehend. I think I’ll have to find a girlfriend to go with. Robert liked the movie very much, but he does not want to go again.

*Picture of Julia Child from Wikipedia superimposed on our kitchen. Portrait of Child taken with large-format Polaroid camera by Elsa Dorfman, October 12, 1988. Used under the GNU Free Documentation License.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Meggie said...

I really like the idea of superimposing a pic of someone into your very own kitchen!!
I was looking for some pics, & was surprised at how many are free... I love that we can usually find something free for every occasion!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I haven't heard of this movie yet but if you are recommending it I will look it up!

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come up with a plan for the way you will quit smoking and follow-through by using it. If you would rather go cold-turkey, understand that this could be challenging and you must prepare for it. Try and adjust your routine when the emotionally charged aspects of smoking cessation will potentially impact significant organization bargains or loved ones strategies. Even so, you may not desire to be idle, so program carefully. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Micr33oe5e[/url]

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home