Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Block-a-day project

Whew, I finally finished my 31 block-a-days for the month of July. I have five finished blocks to post, but that would be too many for one day.

The harvest has been abundant around here. Our little ziggurat-style garden began by giving us one tomato a day, and now is producing four or five a day. We also have bought some delicious Brentwood corn at Dwelley Farms nearby. You probably already know how to make half-square triangles so I won’t bother with a template for the corn-tomato block.

We are having our tomatoes with every meal.

This is just a 4.5-inch square of some marvelous tomato fabric. You don’t need a foundation to make the block, just some of this luscious fabric called “Farmer’s Market” by RJR Fabrics.
I had to make some early July blocks to fill in the three days before I started doing a block-a-day on July 4. This block is called “Watching the Grass Grow” and symbolizes how bored I was before I started the project. It is a single attic window block.
Here is a 4-inch paper pieced foundation set if you want to make attic window blocks. Click on the small graphic below so you can print out your own foundations for your personal use.


I’ll show you the last of the 31 blocks tomorrow. I think the last two are kind of cute.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

We had hail a couple of weeks ago that ruined the fields of vegetables for the local farmers. It is sad to see all the hail damaged produce at the farmer's markets and know that it is only a portion of the yield. We have had some very strange weather around here.

6:05 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Corn and tomatoes - my all time favorite summer meal. You have such interesting fabric.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home