Saturday, August 08, 2009

July was a good month

I’m going to sew my block-a-days for July in a calendar format like this:
I think I’ll use muslin for sashing. It might be fun to make a large picture (quilt) to go above all the 4-inch blocks. That would be calendar art. I’m pondering various scenes such as Mt. Diablo, or a garden with tomatoes. It might make a fun wall quilt.

August has already gone too far for me to start a new block-a-day program. Maybe I’ll do it again in September.

I added one new block to substitute for my “down the river road” block for the 28th. The new block is a sport shoe to pat myself on the back for keeping going on my walking program this year.

You can make a 4-inch shoe block (or a pair of them) by clicking on the small graphic below. You will find foundations to print out for your own personal use.

I made the July 1 block quite a while ago. It is called "Economy block." the foundation for this block is here.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a great month!!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Clever. This really works.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Del said...

You are so inventive - what a great calendar quilt this will be.
The sports shoe is one of my favorites - of course, it is RED.

12:01 AM  
Blogger sophie said...

How cool! I love how your blocks look all together . . . and I can imagine a giant-sized quilt with a year's worth of blocks representing a year–think of of those tea towel calendars made large and turned into a block-a-day quilt and you can see where my imagination has taken your cool blocks ;-)

The red walking shoe is absolutely fabulous and so very YOU ;-)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Your July quilt will be wonderful! What a fun quilt with lots of memories that is! How on earth do you design foundation blocks and get them into a printout form like that everyday?

1:24 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Great idea! Loved your Block-a-day patterns,especially the red shoe.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I agree with the crowd here, love the format....and now that you have decided to put it this way, I think the river road would fit in perfectly! I also think adding a pair of shoes to each month would be cool, because it's something you do all the time. Besides...it's a fun block!!!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

I love this idea, & your blocks are all so clever. The sports shoe is brilliant.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home