Friday, July 31, 2009

Before and after


Every time I go to get a haircut I think there will be a magical transformation, but it never happens. I always look exactly the same when I come home. Terry Grant refers to this phenomenon as “helmet hair.” My experience last Thursday once again showed that I was doomed to have the same hairdo forever. I always ask for something new and fun but, no matter the establishment or operator, the result looks just the same in a few days.

The block today is really for last Thursday, July 23, but I didn’t get it finished that day.

For some reason my new scanner is distorting the blocks – I really don’t sew that crookedly. I do make mistakes sometimes but these scans exaggerate any flaws. I’ve been going back and forth with Epson tech support but I don’t dare tell them that I am putting fabric in the machine. I just tell them that I am putting 4.5-inch square pictures on the flatbed and they are not coming out square. I’ve tried putting the blocks right in the middle of the bed but they still come out longer than they should. My old HP scanner does not distort the blocks, however the color is not as good.
Anyway, should you have any desire to make a 4-inch paper pieced block of my hairdo, Before & After, click on the small graphic below and you will be taken to a full size set of foundations to print out for your own personal use.

I have a lot of work to do today to make up for the days I missed. I think I will do some very simple blocks to fill out the rest of July. This block-a-day project has been fun. I would like a complete calendar for the month.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Terry Grant said...

Ha ha! I wrote that entry that you linked to 3 years ago and my hair still looks exactly the same! Helmet hair forever!

11:21 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love the before/after, before/after, before/after series. :-)

Cute block too.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Aren't you cute!! I think you and the cats would make a charming quilt. Love, Del

5:34 PM  
Blogger meg said...

What a fun block!
I suspect your hair is naturally wavey, so it reverts to it's preferred style. My hair is rather stick like so cutting is everything. I have found the male hairdressers to be most successful. Some of the young girls seem to have no understanding of hair, & would probably make good sheep shearers!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Your hairstyle block and pictures make me smile!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

What a fun bunch of comments.

"Sheep shearers" -- indeed. I've seen them in action when I used to spin wool yarn.

4:49 PM  
Blogger sewtakeahike said...

Hi Christine,
I'm so glad I found your blog! I just did my first paper piecing project when I saw the tutorial the sometimes crafter did a couple days ago and I'm in love with this process! Thank-you for all the blocks you have shared!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home