Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Right around this day in 1966

…our youngest son was born. He was a dear baby and his father took good care of him.

Davis inherited his dad’s caring and cooking genes. He is a marvelous cook and takes good care of his family. I am proud of him.
I made him a piece of cake for his birthday. It isn’t his favorite kind, but I didn’t have the ingredients for that one. Anyway, my cakes always taste a bit like cotton. It is a good thing he didn’t inherit my cooking gene.
If you want to make a 4-inch paper pieced slice of cake, click on the image below and you will find a foundation to print out for your own personal use.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Happy Birthday in a wonderful family!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Happy birthday to your son!

The cake is perfect, because it's non-fattening.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Red Velvet? Is that what that cake is called? If I were to make one we would have to call it Burnt Velvet.....LOL

11:29 AM  
Blogger Collagemama said...

August eleventh is a special day indeed! Grown up sons are wonderful.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Happy Birthday to your Son! I love the cake for him. Love the pics too.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Happy Birthday to your son. It is funny (scary) to think of what genes we might pass on to our children or have inherited from our parents! I don't think I want to know!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home