Friday, January 01, 2010

Jump in, the water’s fine

Dominick Christiana, of Concord, jumps off the pier at the beginning of his run last year during the 29th Bun Run. Photo by Dean Coppola.


Fine if you like 50 degree F water. We’ve been living on our island for 30 years. When we had our weekly newspaper, the Bethel Island Beacon, we used to go to the annual Frozen Bun Run and take pictures of the water skiers on New Year’s Day. We never skied. Jackie, our intrepid reporter, did don an old fashioned bathing suit one year and participate.

Click HERE to read about the island tradition. We plan to stay home and drink hot coffee and tea this morning.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a plan to me. We have a big PNW storm roaring through - lots of wind and lashing rain - perfect for indoors - quilting - drinking tea - cooking a big pot of turkey noodle soup (just finished making the noodles, they are ready to go in the pot)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I think I would stay inside, too!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Corky and his parents are en route from Lake Havasu City and they are bringing the frozen turkey carcass for me to make soup. Trouble is that I MUST do it today because there is NO room in my freezer compartment. They should be here about nine-thirty. So, the rest of my day will be taken up with turkey and Corky!! Guess I had better get some veggies ready for the pot. Love, Del

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home