Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Plate of homemade cookies


There were such interesting comments about my blog post “Nuisance” (see below). I appreciate your concern. I am mad at the bureaucrats at the Contra Costa County Environmental Health Department. It seemed so strange to be categorized as a public nuisance for trying to do the best thing for our environment. We should be getting a pat on the back for recycling.

Terry said, “You, being responsible citizens … are creating a nuisance? Crazy.”

Sophie said, “Neighbor S sounds like a pretty unhappy person.” Paula commented that our neighbor was “an unhappy person with nothing better to do.” Lisa Jo said, “I hate having neighbors like that!” Vicky said, “I think she is taking advantage of you because you were nice about taking down the fig tree.” Brenda Lou said she was a “pain in the pattotie. I think you could make quite a case for organic mulching and runoff, etc.”

However, Brenda Lou added, “I wonder if a plate of home made cookies would help?”

Brenda Lou’s sweet idea really made me think about how to improve the situation. I’m not sure about cookies because of potential allergies, however a nice indoor plant could be a healing gesture.

We sent in our letter of appeal to the environmental health department yesterday. We sent a copy of the letter, with a photo, to our county supervisor, too.

The cookies in the picture above were made by our friend Deana and served at a 40-day memorial gathering for Judy. They were so good.
I’ll keep you all posted on what happens next.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Yummy looking cookies. I guess it's possible that a peace offering, (food,plant, or maybe tiny quilt)could help. It could maybe at least help you (if not her) to feel better.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Elaine Adair said...

Oh Christine - what a pain in the patootie! I'm sorry for this nuisance to your quiet life. Gad zooks!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Just don't give her fruitcake!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home