Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The sewing lamp is lit

I finally turned on my machine and stitched for a while. It’s been a long time. For months I’ve peeked in the sewing room, shrugged and turned away. I just didn’t feel inspired.

My church is having a fund raiser in October called Fall on the Farm. I’ve never attended the annual event. I heard that donations were needed for auctions and sales. I thought I could possibly make a quilted “something” to contribute. I didn’t want to make potholders or a wall hanging or a baby quilt. I’ve been mulling this over. Yesterday, I finally had an idea. I whipped up a pattern on the computer.

I pulled some fabric and turned on the iron.

I am planning to make a Christmas house decoration. I’ll post pictures if it turns out.
If you never see the project that will mean I gave up. I hope not. I loved hearing my machine again.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Terry Grant said...

I hope you don't give up! This looks intriguing.

8:48 PM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'm glad to see you and the sewing machine again. I hope you continue - I love your designs.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

I am happy to see you sewing, again.

XXOO

9:21 PM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

I'm happy to see that you are sewing again! I've done some too lately. Quilt shop owners don't get to sew very much at all.

1:11 AM  
Blogger wlstarn said...

Hmmm, is that a 301 I see there?
I have a mocha longbed that I bought specifically for freemotion quilting.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

Yes, that's my faithful 301. It is cocoa and cream. I love it.

I've set up a Singer 101 for free motion quilting. See my post about it at: http://winnowings.blogspot.com/2010/02/on-your-mark-get-set.html

I never could find a good foot for free motion for the 301, so I'm glad I have the 101 for that task.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

All this talk of sewing...
So glad you felt the urge again.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Hooray for Christine, designing and sewing! I am glad to hear it!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous sshell said...

I am intrigued by the pattern. What is it? Original or can I find it somewhere?

8:24 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Hmm. How is your Christmas house decoration going? What I'd really like to know is HOW do you design foundation piecing patterns on your computer? Do you use a special software? Are you especially geometrically inclined? Is there a trick to it?

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home