Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I am unplugged, unhooked, offline for a WEEK

Monday morning, when I tried to check my e-mail I found out I did not have an internet connection. I can't go online at all. AT&T was supposed to put in a new jack for a stand-alone DSL line. (See the previous two blog posts.)

When I called AT&t on my cell phone I learned that they had disconnected my internet early in the morning. I spent all day on the phone trying to talk with someone who could turn the service back on. Around 2:30 p.m. I reached Caesar in Customer Service. He informed me that there were "unfortunate technical difficulties." He said there was nothing they could do until, perhaps, next week. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said she would call me. I asked for her telephone number but I learned she had "no direct line." She never called back.

It is funny that a company named American TELEPHONE & Telegraph does not like to talk on the telephone.

I am so frustrated. You can make comments here but I won't see them until next week. You can send e-mail but I won't receive it. I pay my bills online and I just paid my AT&T bill last week.

I am using a friend's computer to post this.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a bad way to do business - our phone company doesn't accept payments over the phone - they say it is too difficult. For whom? That is their business - PHONES.

Hope to see you back soon. Happy Thanksgiving if I don't see you again for a while.

5:31 PM  
Blogger BrendaLou said...

at least they didn't say they'd email you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

"Service with a scowl!"

Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

3:30 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

In the midst of my own AT&T nightmare in Dallas (when, Ironically I lived across the street from AT&T's corporate headquarters), I remember that old bumper stick that said, "We're the phone company. We don't care. We don't have to."

5:55 PM  
Anonymous East Orange Gutter Cleaning said...

Great read thanks

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home