Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Third time

Maybe the third time will be the charm. I sketched out this heart quilt in 2001. I thought “If I can draw it, I can make it.” However, that proved almost impossible. I’ve made two full-fledged attempts that did not work.

I threw one out the window in March of 2009.

Here I go again. I think I have a way of putting these together – sort of like a yo-yo coverlet. Perhaps I can affix them to a backing and sandwich it and quilt it. I’ll try a table runner first. Valentine’s Day is my goal.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - such determination. I like the YoYo concept. Most Yo Yo quilts don't have a backing and are not quilted - a few have a backing that is just tacked to the YoYos - so that could cut down on your work - unless you want to quilt it.

1:14 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

By George, I think you've got it. You've found the key to putting the hearts together. Yay! The third time really is a charm ;-)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

I remember these! I can't wait to see part two!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

How did your heart piecing work this time?

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home