Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday potluck

If you want good food, go to a church potluck. St. Alban’s Episcopal in Brentwood invited all of us to a gathering after the service today. I brought fresh baked bread. I was pretty nervous about my offering but people seemed to like it. I used Robert’s recipe with a recent modification. (I am getting so cocky about cooking nowadays that I dare to make modifications.)
The potato salad was delicious and there was a lemon meringue pie that I loved. Pasta, salads, egg rolls, marinated beef, and more were laid out on the bountiful table. I really like church suppers.


A member wore a shirt that I thought was so appropriate for Palm Sunday. Check it out:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a wonderful day - I can almost smell the good food.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful and daring new recipes are developed by "cocky cookers". Go for it!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home