Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Fabric shopping tomorrow

I’m going to look for pinks, reds, and purples because I’ve started my fourth try making a hearts quilt. The THIRD try did not work. I’ve used up most of my pink/red stash trying to make this darn thing. I sketched the original idea in 2001.

The weather has turned sunny and it will be fun to get out of the house and into a quilt store. I’ve started a corner with my newest idea. I hope it works.

If I were making a piece for my own pleasure I could just put things together to get the effect I want. I could fuse and glue. I do that every so often. But this is a pattern I want to sell so I have to consider how someone else will put it together and how it might have to go through the wash. My first three tries involved a lot of tucking and hand sewing. Very tedious stuff. I also have to think about writing instructions and doing diagrams. I usually write them out and draw them first and then try to follow them as I’m putting the project together. Sometimes when I’m sewing I say out loud, “This doesn’t make any sense!” That’s when I re-write.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Collagemama said...

Ooh, an outing to the quilt store sounds fabulous. Good luck with the latest plan.

4:18 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well, whatever excuse for shopping for fabric is a good one to me. Enjoy. Can't wait to see the latest creation.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are the best teacher I ever had...you always think of the pupil.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Enjoy your trip for fabric. I remember those hearts from before.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mego said...

I LIKE this one! I'LL buy the pattern!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Del said...

I hope you found your fabric and you are working on your hearts. Give us a word now and then - we miss you and worry about you. Del

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well...?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home