Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabric friend


You don’t have to run out of fabric before you must go shopping for more (unlike running out of toilet paper and cat food). Ah, what a refreshing afternoon I had visiting my favorite quilt store – Queen B’s Quilt Shop. Bernie Cabrera is such a warm, welcoming person. I did need some more reds, purples, and pinks for my fifth try on the hearts pattern.
Bernie’s store has expanded into the space next door and has a new classroom. I exclaimed about the change and she said it must have been a year since I’d been in. I didn’t think it was that long ago, but then I remembered the last time I was there was March 29, 2010. I wrote a blog post called “A nice day out.” It turned out to be the day before Robert went to the hospital and received his dreadful diagnosis.
I found just the fabric I wanted today, and I signed up for a class because I need to get out and meet some new people.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Collagemama said...

Good friend, good plan. Good luck on the fifth try.

5:31 AM  
Blogger JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good for you - I hope you have a grand time at your class.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Del said...

Time slips away faster and faster each year. I still hope to swing by to meet you - maybe we could meet at Queen B's and then have lunch at Rick's on 2nd Street. Looks like it won't be until August, though. By then you will have a load of new friends to meet at Queen B's. Good-O!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home